Saturday, January 20, 2018

Super Simple, Super Cute, Super Bowl Tic Tac Toe Part 2

Faye Mitchell, who brought us Part One of this blog post is 
back with Part 2. Take it away Faye!

Even though I’ve finished my Tic Tac Toe Game board and am able to play, I’m not completely done. I want to keep my board and pieces together, so here is my storage solution. Craft Chameleon sells these cute little natural canvas bags that fit the game boards with pieces perfectly.

If you’re like me you want your little storage bag to be just as cute as the game board you’re putting inside of it.  In order to do this you will need a few things along with the natural canvas bag.

You can always use HTV, but not everyone has access to a heat press. So here is an alternative method using fabric paint.

Initially I was going to use fabric markers to label the bag and add another tic tac toe cross hatch game space on the front of the natural canvas bag.  I quickly changed my mind after I saw how badly the “non-bleeding” fabric markers were actually bleeding. Plus a second game board seemed redundant since I had a super cute game board stored inside.


After making this decision I went with a new design plan and painted a green square on the front of the natural canvas bag.  Thankfully the fabric paint did not bleed like the markers did.  You could use a stencil to create this square but I just freehanded it. It was a rare moment in my life where I wasn’t focused on making sure it was an absolute perfect square.  

While that was drying I went back to design studio and created a stencil of what I wanted my title to be.  Using some scrap vinyl and reverse weeding I created my stencil which I laid on top of the green square and carefully dabbed my chosen colors in the various spots.  


Once it dried some I removed my stencil and did some touch ups. Then I freehanded both the football stitching and 'VS' onto the football. After that I was done! 



Now I have a Super Cute, Super Bowl Tic Tac Toe Game board with coordinating pieces and storage bag.




1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! Tic Tac Toe games are perfect for little ones and are some of my best sellers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending time with us!

Be sure to share your thoughts or ideas on products you would like to see. Or share your creations made with Craft Chameleon products.