Monday, January 29, 2018

100 Days of School Shirt using Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl

Photo credits: Darci S.
This darling 100 Days of School Shirt post was done by Darci S. Darci is another talented Craft Chameleon FaceBook Group member. Now let's see how she made this shirt!
Supplies Needed:
* Siser Glitter Easy Weed - Black
* Siser Glitter Easy Weed - Blush
* Siser Glitter Easy Weed - Cherry
* Lips SVG file (free with CC Acrylic Blank Lips -$.90 for both a file AND cut file)
Shirt

Add the Lips SVG file to your design program. Choose a font you like to create the text, “Kissing 100 days of school goodbye”.  I used a size 6 girls shirt, so my design was about 6” wide by 7” high.  Next, size the lips SVG to about 1 1/3” wide by ¾” high.  Duplicate to make 50 lips. 


You will cut 50 in blush and 50 in cherry HTV.  Mirror (flip horizontally) your text design.  Separate your design by color and cut your design with the HTV shiny side down (I use a mat).  The default cut settings for glitter HTV worked well for me. 


Cut your text from black HTV and then cut the lips from cherry and then from blush HTV.

Weed your designs by removing the excess HTV from the clear carrier sheet leaving only your design behind on the carrier sheet.  


Place the text in the upper middle area of the front of the shirt.  Manually cut each of the lips apart so you can place them on the shirt scattering them around the arms, front and back of the shirt. 


Once the HTV is placed on the shirt it is time to press with either an iron or a heat press.  I pressed for 15 seconds at 320 degrees Fahrenheit with my Cricut EasyPress.  Remove the carrier sheet right after pressing each area.  


Now you have a beautiful fun shirt for the 100th day of school!
Remember,  you have the lips acrylic blank that the svg file came with.  You can also make a matching keychain or bag tag with your remaining Glitter HTV and by adding hardware from CC.  See previous blog post on adding HTV to acrylic blanks

Thank you Darci, this a fantastic post!

14 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love 100 day celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I wish my daughter's school still did this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lips! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did this late last night buuut used sharpie bc I was low on pink & red :D .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea. Maybe next year. Didn't see it until after my kids had their 100th day

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, need to do next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ❤️ this ;) Hoping my daughter loves it as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable and such a unique idea! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea! Thanks for sharing I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can’t find the link for the lips svg. Is this still available?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending time with us!

Be sure to share your thoughts or ideas on products you would like to see. Or share your creations made with Craft Chameleon products.