Friday, March 16, 2018

3 Fast Fun Easy Useful & Unique DIY Baby Gifts + Tutorials 3 of 3

Three Fast, Fun, Easy, Useful and Unique DIY Baby Gift Tutorials 
Part 3 - This is the final day of the Best Baby Gift Set Tutorials.

Our intrepid guest blogger Faye Mitchell finishes out this week with the final tutorial for making the coordinating acrylic sign "shhhh...Baby is sleeping". So it's time to gather the supplies needed.
Supplies:
Items with * have a link to the Craft Chameleon products
  SVG Design Program ( Studio, Design Space, SCAL, etc)
Vinyl
  Vinyl Application Tool
Weeding Tool 
Diamond Reamer


The first step is to decide on the design.  I knew I wanted my design to coordinate with my wipes container, so I used the same cute little tiger and added some jungle leaves plus a zebra-striped type heart along with the wording.

Serendipitously,  I found some ribbon, in my craft stash, that matched the green of the leaves and it was seriously too cute! Perfect for sign hanging.

To design, I used a general measurement of the board, 11x9” and drew a rectangle in my design space.  I knew my board had the corners missing so I stayed away from them when I created the design. 


To make the leaves I took one jungle leaf design from the Silhouette store flipped it horizontally. and rotated it. Next, I duplicated it to create a total of 3 leaves. Each leaf I adjusted either with size and/or rotation.  After lining them up by the stems, I welded them so they were one clump of leaves instead of 3 separate pieces.  I just thought it looked better this way but it could have been left separated as well.



Next, I cut my designs up.  While the vinyl was cutting I added the ribbon to the board.  Note: I ordered the acrylic photo board with the 2 hole version so it came with the two holes pre-drilled in the top.




Once you get the vinyl all cut and weeded it’s time to apply it to the board.  I cut the piece with the tigers and heart separate from the words so that I could layer the tan layer underneath the orange layer of the tigers.  I started off putting the wording onto the board and then the leaves.




Now the board is completed!
It also brings us to the end of this tutorial trilogy. We can't thank Faye enough for sharing her creativity! I know we will be seeing more of her in future posts.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending time with us!

Be sure to share your thoughts or ideas on products you would like to see. Or share your creations made with Craft Chameleon products.